|Source: Business Times, 31 Mar 2018|
Based on the table above, I noticed that
- Five companies are at a price level of 75th percentile or higher based on their past one-year price range: City Developments, Venture Corp, DBS, OCBC and UOB. Among these, Venture at $28.11 is the closest to its 52 week high, owing to its recent inclusion into STI and the continued optimism on electronic manufacturing sector.
- Seventeen companies are now within 25% of their one-year lowest price. This is more than half of the 30 components of STI. Among them, Hutchison Port Holdings ($0.295) and Thai Beverage ($0.78) is at a fresh one-year low.
- Looking at year-to-date numbers, seventeen companies recorded a negative return. The worst performing ones are Hutchison Port Holdings (-25.9%), Starhub (-19.3%) and Yangzijiang (-17.7%).
- There are only three companies that registered a double figure positive returns year-to-date. They are Venture Corp (37.3%), DBS (10.7%) and ST Engineering (10.1%).
- PE ratio wise. They range from lowest 2.9 (Hongkong Land) to highest 65.3 (Keppel).
- PB. Lowest is 0.44 (Hongkong Land) while highest is 28.28 (Starhub).
|STI one year chart. Source: InvestingNote|