But market had some big movements on Fri 6 Jul, after latest round of property cooling measures announced on Thursday (5 Jul) night. So i might as well base this article on 5 Jul closing price, to better reflect latest market movement.
|Source: Business Times, 7 Jul 2018|
- As of last Friday, there was only one company priced above 75th percentile of its past 52 week price range: Comfort Delgro. There were 5 companies in Q1: CDL, Venture, and the three banks. Venture had since registered a spectacular drop due to trade war fear and worries on tech stocks, while banks and CDL were roiled by the recent property cooling measure.
- There are 17 companies within 25% of their past 52 week low. Among them, Yangzijiang, Sembcorp, Thai Beverage, SGX, and Golden Agri are all very close, or sitting on, their one year low price.
- Looking at year-to-date figures, 20 companies has negative returns. Worst-performing ones are Yangzijiang (-39%), Starhub (-38%), and Hutchison Port (-28%). Same as Q1.
- There is only one company that had positive double digit return this year: Comfort (+18.8%). Second place is Jardine Matherson at 6.7%.
- PE ratio wise, lowest is still Hongkong Land at 3.0; highest is Golden Agri at 59.6.
- PB, lowest is Hongkong Land (0.46), highest is SGX (7.43).
- Dividend yield. Excluding Hutchison Port at 10% (due to its history of relentless price slide and decreasing dividends), highest yield is Starhub with 9.5%, although I would be wary about the sustainability of Starhub's yield.